Thursday, September 27, 2012

my first official check in....

Today started pretty early, Mom says we're going for a "check-in" at NEADS. OK, I think, let's go.. I like NEADS!!!!












We met up with my other friends... I was excited to see all of them.. Monty, Moxie and Marv!!  Hey wait a minute, I'm the only puppy without a "M" name?? what's with that....



Something was said about "going to the city".... that sounds a little scary, but I noticed the big dogs are pretty calm about it... so... guess I will be too!!!
It seemed like such a long car ride. I was very good, but I wanted to just get there. Our first stop, (after going potty of course) was to pop in and see Gerry. He's the CEO at NEADS and he had some news for Mom. I thought he was very nice and of course, he told me how cute I am.....
While we were visiting, a big gold dog came in.. I think I know this dog... Mom certainly did. It's Bogey... my Mom's last "puppy".!! It turns out that Bogey really didn't want to be a service dog... so it was decided that Bogey  needed to go to a pet home. Guess who's pet he's going to be... that's right, Gerry and his family!!! Mom said Bogey is going to be so happy with his new family and if he didn't want to be a service dog, that was certainly fine.
For now, however, I am training to be a service dog. After visiting with Gerry, Mom and all her friends.. and all the doggies got together to talk. Mom said that the talking is important, and I needed to be very good. She gave me this little toy to chew on and play with.. so that helped me pass the time.
Marv is little like me... so he had some trouble "being quiet too". His Mom sat on the floor and helped to keep him calm. We are so happy to have our Mom's that know how to get us threw long and boring times. My Mom said that when we are a little bigger, we'll understand all of this and know how to handle it... but for now... we are just babies.
I'll be seeing a fair amount of NEADS over the next year of my training. Mom loves these check in days.. she says the are so much fun, so I am out to have some fun!!!!
As we were getting into the cars to go into the city.. this "strange person" started walking around the cars and peeking in. I think he was trying to scare us, but you know what... he didn't bother us one bit!!! And then when Moxie told me it was only Dave dressed up... well, that seemed kind of silly to me!!!!!
It was a pretty day in the city... maybe even a little bit hot. I can tell you, there is plenty to do and see... I just took it all in!!!! (and it sure is much noiser that it is on the farm!!!)
We went walking all about... the park was pretty  nice... I liked walking on the grass and watching the piegons. I know I can't chase birds.. Mom told me that on the farm when we are around the chickens and guinea hens....
We hiked out on the side walk. Lots of people noticed us.. the bigger dogs had to do their "work" and really arent' encouraged to say hello... but me and Marv.. we can still "get away" with saying hi to everyong. And if you look in the back ground of this photo.. there's Norton!!! He was one of Mom's puppies too, but now he works for Dave...
We sat near busses.. which are loud and smell funny, but they not much more than the tractor at home!!!!
And then, after a bit, the Mom's decided it was time for a break. I have to tell you I was pretty happy about that... I was hot, and it was nice and cool. Everyone sat down with a bit to eat.....
And all the puppies went under the table. It took me about three seconds to fall asleep. I was tired... it's a lot of work out there on the streets!!!!
Marv was grateful for the rest too, he fell sound asleep next to his Mommy....
Actually, I could have slept the rest of the day..... Mom said she "forgets" how tired little puppies can be!!!!!
Before we headed home, there was just one last thing to do... ride the elevator. I hopped on with Mom and Marv, Moxie and Norton. They were there to give us little one confidence....
I was just a little surprised when it moved.....
But mostly... I was tired and just wanted to head for home. "come on Mom.. enough city, let's head to the farm!!"








and so we did... the life of..... Rylie!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment