Wednesday, September 26, 2012

busy times, and seeing the vet

Hello again everyone... today we are going to see the vet!!! I have already met her, and I have un-officially gone there (to be weighed and meet the staff) but today is my first "official vet visit". Dr. Nikitas from DownMaine Vet clinic is my doctor, and the wonderful staff and vets there donate all their time and services to us service dogs. This is a really special gift and Mom and I can't ever thank them enough.....
Camille came along with us... she doesn't mind seeing the vet at all and is very calm. Mom thought that this would be a good example for me. So, when Camille quietly laid down to wait for our turn... so did I. Mom uses all sorts of "different resources" to help me learn things... and often I can learn very good things from other doggies....(I can learn bad things too, so Mom is careful that I don't pick up on those things...)
Dr. Nitikas walked into the room and I ran right over to her. She scooped me up for a big hug and I gave her a big kiss in return. She said that she won't be able to pick me up too  many times, so she's going to while she still can!!!!
She checked me over from tip to tail and made notes in my "chart"... I just wanted her to hug me again......
Then I had to get a "shot"... that sort of hurt and I cried just a little bit, but a cookie and another hug made everything all better again. Yup, I love going to the vet... they're super nice there and Mom said we will stop there often... just to visit...

Thanks DownMaine.... you are the BEST!!!!!!
Pretty much my days around the farm (home) are normal... I am working on that house training thing, and being good about not touching Abbie's toys, or shoes left out in the mudroom... or other things. I am working on my obedience commands.. and just the things that all good puppies need to know. And there's puppy school.... lots of puppy school.. Mom, Camille and I go out three nights a week... so I get to see lots of other dogs. "Monty" is one of my good friends....
And, in case you don't know... he is a St. Bernard. He is 10 months old and quite a big guy. But he's very sweet and gentle, so Mom lets us play together. Right now, I am about as big as his head... so he often lays on the floor so we can play.
I doubt that I will grow this big (Mom says NO!!!) but he sure is great and I am very glad that he is my friend.



And that's about all for now... but stay tuned, there are many adventures ahead in...


"the life of"...... Rylie!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment