Saturday, September 15, 2012

my first big outing....

Ohhh.. I was so excited to see my friend Moxie again!!!! I think she is really neat, and I understand that one day... I'll be a big dog, just like her!!!!
Our humans met for breakfast (Moxie went into the restaurant and I had to stay out in the car --- what's with that???) but afterwards we found ourselves at a model jet show. I wasn't sure what these things were exactly, but the humans thought they were pretty great, as did many other humans, because there were a lot of people there.
Moxie took it all in stride... she told me the humans do things like this quite often and bring us along so we can "get used to different things".... sounds good to  me, I love to explore and see new things.....
OK Moxie, you know how to do this sort  of thing... so I'll stick close to you. Actually, I'm pretty lucky, I have several grown up dogs that are helping me learn.... Camille is my buddy at puppy school... the other cockers teach me how to get along at home, and other NEADS dogs are showing me how to do the public outings....
The best part of the day... getting lots of pets from people. For some reason, Moxie isn't allowed to get as many as I do. I think her Dad said something about "being older and time to think about work"... oh well, guess that doesn't apply to me (just yet) because Mom let me get all the attention I wanted.
(Moxie couldn't help herself, and just had to sneak in a pet or two.... we love people you know!!!)
The day was starting to get long, and I was running out of steam. Mom says tired puppies are good puppies, (whatever that means).. I was happy to rest on Moxie....
There was one special person we ran into at the jet show. This is my doctor!!!! And next week I am going in to visit with her. She was so happy to meet me and wanted to pick me up and hug me (while she still can!!!)
The jets put on a nice show (they make funny sounds).. I pretty much slept threw that part. And heading for home, Mom had to carry me out... I was really tired. Mom said I had done my "first field trip" and did it very well. That sounds like good news, and I like field trips.. so bring 'em on...




and that's how it goes, the life of....... Rylie

No comments:

Post a Comment