Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Chapter Five... Life with Rylie....

Hello.... my name is Rylie... I am nine weeks old, born June 27th... I am a Labrador, and have been told that my mission in life is to become a service dog. Now, I have no idea "what" that means exactly, but the humans that are around me, make me very happy... so... if that's what is means... I'm willing to give it a try!!!!
This is my new Mom... we will be together for at least a year.... she seems pretty happy to have me....
Actually I met lots of new folks today.... I was told that this is Rick.....
Moxie was very sweet to me... she's a "big dog" and I'm already thinking I would like to grow up and be like her!!!!
My Mom had another "service puppy" living with her, but he's not going "home" with us... he will stay at NEADS for advance training. So, I guess my new Mom does just the puppy training... well, I'm a puppy!!!!
It felt like a long ride to "home"... (still trying to figure that one out).. but when we arrived the family was waiting for us.
One human in particular, (who is much smaller than the other humans have I met).. hugged me and said that I was "beautiful".. and as she held me tight.. said to my Mom..

"Baby, I love her!!!"  I have a feeling I am in a very good place...

and so my life begins...

the life of......... Rylie

No comments:

Post a Comment