Sunday, September 2, 2012

night out on the town, and other adventures......

My Mom certianly likes to have fun, and says that summer is the best time to do just that. Aside from "fun" she is always looking for ways to "expose her service puppies". So, this past evening, she called Moxie's family and packed up our family and took us "out"... guess what has Abbie and Moxie's attention....
 It's an amusement park!!! What an exciting place to be... so many people, sights and sounds... scents... lots to do!!!
I may not look that excited, but I did think this was a great place. I looked all around...
And watched while Abbie did many of the rides that were there. (goodness she had a good time!!!)
She went on some many of those rides, and laughed and smile the whole time. She would wave and call my name as she zoomed by....
I watched over her carefully... but I wasn't worried, because I knew she was OK.
Needless to say, Mox and I got plenty of attention... lots of people had questions about us, our work, and NEADS in general. However, this young man was particually interested because... he is on the waiting list to get a NEADS dog!!! We couldn't believe it when he told us... (and he said he would have loved to take Mox or me with him right then!!!) We all hope that we will be seeing him soon, matched with his new friend.




The next morning, yup we were up early and out the door again. This time we went to an airport.... now, I have seen planes.. but that isn't what caught my interest this time....
It was the parachutters!!! Have you seen them before... people put on these "packs" that have big "chutes" in them... then they go way ... way up high in a plane and jump out!!!! Mom says that there are dogs that do this... but it won't be this dog.. I can tell you!!!







However, we were there because Nate is going to be jumping from one of those planes... and then look, here he came, floating in the sky!!!
Safely be back on the ground... here is Nate and his friend Mike!!!
We watched Nate in the morning, and then in the afternoon.. we went to a cookout. Now, I have been to cookouts all summer, but this one was quite special.
Because it was with my other service dog friends...  Lee came out from New York and we all met with here. Honor was there, as was Monty, Moxie, Camille and me....
Oh ya, the humans had those lobster things again. Seems like they have had quite a few of them this summer... they say they're pretty good... I'm still not so sure...
neither is Moxie... but we certianly enjoy being all together.. as do the humans...





on an adventure... Bogey

No comments:

Post a Comment