Tuesday, September 4, 2012

saying goodbye --- and hello.....

And so my time with this beautiful boy comes to a fast close. He, like Norton, came as an "older" finish up pup. I knew we would have the summer together but not much more... still, it doesn't take long to get attached. You have to, in my opinion, to do a good job.
We spent some (very un-service dog like) time playing together before heading out to meet up with everyone else.....
When we got to NEADS I saw "my" dear Norton once again. So of course, there is the "famous" photo of the two pups together....
It's such a privilege to be a step in the lives of these wonderful dogs. Whether their work continues on this route or another... I feel proud to have played a part....
And here is my next "project"... back to puppyville, with a sweet nine week old girl, named Rylie.......
My next chapter.... "life with Rylie...."
But, before we get to all of that... my goodbyes to Bogey..... he's a huggy boy, so I took all the ones that I could....
Moxie and Rylie meet.,... they'll have lots of time together, as will Monty......
Our wonderful chapter.... and the puppies of "summer 2012"  Linda and Marv, Kathleen and Monty, Me.. with Bogey heading in and Rylie coming home... Linda (chapter leader) with Jackie and Rick with Moxie.....
The time has come... goodbye sweet boy... I send you with all the hugs and love that I can as you head into the next chapter of your life.....
I hand the leash over to Dave, and they head to the kennel...


wipe away the tears, take a deep breath and head into chapter five...... 

No comments:

Post a Comment