Tuesday, September 4, 2012

last check in with Mom

This morning, Mom and I were up early and heading out the door. It's another check in day at NEADS, but this time I will be staying on. Mom has sort of made this "photo by the sickle mowing machine" her way to close out training chapter together.... so now, it's my turn..... Bye bye Sweetgrass Farm.. I had a fun summer here!!!! 
For the most part, our check in day went on it's usual schedule... we met with Dave to talk about all the things we have been doing... allowing the humans to have their questions answered, and make sure that everyone is on track.... my goodness, there are a lot of Labs!!!!
Then it was off to the city.. first stop always seems to be lunch.... yes, I know, good practice for us to wait in line, and then lay quietly under the table while the humans eat......
Look who is with Dave.... that's Norton, Mom's "last" puppy.... he's now Dave's working buddy, and is a very good example of how we are learning..... Mom says she thinks Dave and Norton look good together....
However, Norton still can "steal the show"... and because he's not a "real working dog".. he's allows to say hello to the public. He's working more in an ambassador role now, which is very good, because he (and Dave) can talk about service dogs and all their good works....
And back on the elevators.... we can certainly fill one up when we are all together......
Next stop... the train station...I'm ready....












Humans sit and get some pointers from Dave, we practice "under".....

Yup, Norton and Dave... they're a perfect team.....
group photo outside the train station.. let's see... there is Vickie, Norton, Me, Moxie, Marv, Jacki and Monty... quite a good looking group I think....
On the train we go... up the steps of the double decker.... tight spot for working... so Mom sent me ahead. Another time, she goes first and I follow... we have to know how to do this in many different ways...
and then, the day comes to a close and we're heading back to NEADS... this time however, Mom isn't so happy.... good bye is just around the corner.....




my adventure continues with another...


Bogey

No comments:

Post a Comment