Wednesday, September 5, 2012

I'm a farm dog!!!

My first weekend at home. And I am so happy and being here is so much fun... first off... my new best friend.. Abbie. She loves me already and we have the best time together.. my favorite thing is to run with her!!!
She can go a bit faster than I can, but I do my best to keep up.
After our run time, my new Mom said, "let's take Rylie up to the barn ..." Abbie was so excited and holding my  leash said, "let's go"... so I tagged along...
We came across Mona... she really didn't want to talk with me. So Abbie picked her up and I was able to check her all out. She's very nice and was kind to me... and now, I know what a cat is!!!!!
Then we went into the barn and met up with Mocha... (she's a mini horse). I wasn't so sure what to make of her, but again, she was very friendly. There are three bigger horses as well... but they were more interested in the treats that the humans brought than in me. Now, horses can be checked off my list!!!!
The guinea hens, chickens and turkeys were the next ones we met. They're kind of cool, but Mom said I am not allowed to chase them or bother with them. That's kind of hard to do (I am a bird dog afterall).. but I have a feeling that Mom means what she says when it comes to the birds...
I met some new people that came to visit, and walked around exploring the farm. After a while, I began to get pretty sleepy.. so Abbie sat down and gave me her lap to cuddle in...
And when Abbie got sleepy, she stretched out on the grass... I thought that was a good idea too....
Mom says that I am working to be become a service dog. But since my "equipment" doesn't even fit (yet)... I am pretty happy just being a "farm dog"...






and for now, that's my life...... Rylie

No comments:

Post a Comment