Tuesday, May 13, 2014

and the chapter closes......

So, here it is... the day that we say goodbye to my beautiful "yellow dog". Before we head back to NEADS.. we stop to shot the "farewell photo".. which I have done with all my puppies... sitting out by the old mower, with the farm in the back ground. 
And this little country girl is headed off to great adventures and into advance training....
"how do you give them up"... with lots of hugs, tears, and many good wishes...
Our day at NEADS goes as usual. When we arrived everyone knows that it's Deb's turn in day and I have such love and support. Deb seems "quiet" to me... she knows that something is up .. they all know
I smile on the outside, but not on the in... and for all the times that I have taken puppies back... it's not ever "easier".. and in many ways I find it harder to do... 
But this little gal has become very special to me. i think it's because she is most like the personality that I would pick in my own personal dogs. I have always loved her "drive and spirit" and have secretly thought that if she doesn't make it, I would like to have her back. But, we don't talk about "not making it"...
We meet with Dave and talk over the past month. (notice where Deb chooses to lay).... Cappy is talking about in great detail...
and it is decided that Cappy will have another month with us, and will go to Kathleen's and see how she does there. She is such a sweet baby, and a bit immature, so we feel another month in a home will suit her much better. 
We head over the local mall to see the puppies work. Linda and Sasha work with Dave on the stairs....
Dave's son has joined us today, and right away hits it off with Debbie. I don't find this surprising, for the past year, I have watched how Deb can work her magic on people....
And I take a few moments and step back, just to see her work ... she does well, but I notice that she watches for me... which is endearing, but I hope won't be a downfall when she needs to be working with another.
At lunch, she tucks under the table, just as she has been taught.....I eat, but knowing our time is coming to a close, I don't have much of an appetite
Back at NEADs.. everyone gives us those moments to ourselves. It's such a pretty day.. we head outside for some pictures....
I think that just a year ago, I met this beautiful girl at this very spot... threw the tears that I was crying for another... and now, here we go again... the chapter is closing..... the future looks bright, I again go into the "waiting for the good report" mode....


And meet my next little buddy.......

No comments:

Post a Comment