Thursday, May 15, 2014

adventure day (5/8/14)

I know that I don't look very excited in this photo... but really I do like going out on adventures!!! (or field trips as Mom also calls them)... and when I hear these words, I know we are up for something fun. This trip was to the hospital, Mom says there are many things to "work" with there... but I like meeting all the new people!!!!
Our first stop this trip was the elevator. I have to share here, my Mom is not a fan of elevators.. and she would avoid them if she could. But, because I need to know about them... so bravely gets on and off we go. I don't see what the big deal is... you get on, quietly sit in the corner.. and yes, it feels kind of funny, but other than that..... Sometimes, other people get on with us, and they smile and ask what we are doing...
After we went up and down several times, and practice getting in and out of the elevator.. it was onto the stairs. Now, I'm still working on stairs myself... I can do the up real well, but sometimes on t he down, it gets a little scary and I try to rush just to get it done. Mom says I need to learn to take the stairs slowly...We sat and watched Cappy make a few trips, and then it was my turn.....
"oh no"... do I really have to???? But Mom is patient, and had some amazing treats, and we took one step at a time... and before I knew it... I had done the stairs, both up and down at a nice slow pace. Mom was pretty pleased with me... but I have to say... I was pretty pleased with my self!!! Yeah for Danny Boy!!!!!
A few days later, Mom and Dad had to go on an errand. It was a long ride away from the farm, and Mom wanted me to go along. She said it would be good for me to have a long car ride. I like the car, so I simply slept most of the way. When we got to our destination, Mom walked me around and showed me "firetrucks"... antique fire trucks to be exact. They're pretty big, but since they just sat there... so did I......
I was allowed to even climb up on a couple of them.... I liked this one with this big wide step. Mom said I could be a fire dog!!!! then Dad said "no", because I don't have any spots... (what did that mean anyways????)
It was fun to walk about and explore. The day was nice and warm and I loved sniffing in the grass......
Yup, this was a pretty neat place.. Mom said we'll probably come back here again.... fine with me, I like any adventure that we take!!!




a year with Danny Boy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment