Thursday, May 15, 2014

A new month (5/2/14)


Well another day here on the farm, and one thing I can tell you, there is always something fun, new and exciting to do... I've only been here a little while and I'm already learning and doing so much. A lot of this is due to my little buddy, Abbie, we have such a good time together and she loves to be with me.  She like to do the "training" as she calls it... here we are working on a word that she calls "touch" 
And then she gently rolls me over, so she can "handle" me... actually, I think the belly rub is kind of nice!!!! She always smiles and says that I'm being a "good boy".....
This word is called "come" and the best part of that, I get to run as fast as I can to her, and then I get a tasty little treat. I'm thinking that "come" (with that treat) is going to be my favorite one to do!!!!











this command is "better go now".... though I have to tell you, that once I have "gone".. it's Mom that cleans up after me. (Abbie won't do that part!!!)




Almost every morning, we walk up to the barn and help Mom with the "chores", as she calls them. I like these morning walks..... it's a great way to start a day.
We check in on the horses - this is Silver - and feed them their breakfast. Abbie and I put out food for the chickens and the barn kitty too.... then it's time for my breakfast....
Abbie has even taken me into the hay loft... Mom throws down these bales for the horses, but Abbie and I like to climb on them!!!!
This is my first night at puppy school!!!. My Mom is a teacher, so I get to work with Kathleen while Mom is busy. But first I got to meet up with my new class friends. This is Mary, she raises service puppies too, so she is always happy to see a new puppy....
Mary's dog is called Peace... she's older (and bigger) than me, but she is very nice and we are going to be good friends....
There are lots of other dog friends as well. Mom says that I have things to learn, but puppy class is also a place to play. I have no doubt that this is going to be a good time....












And now, it's time to get serious... Auntie Kathleen and I take our seat and think about learning some of our "commands"...

it's a busy time, a busy life.. but I'm loving every moment...


a year with Danny "boy".....

No comments:

Post a Comment