Wednesday, December 25, 2013

and it's called Christmas!!!!


So, here it is... Christmas!!! I wasn't sure what my dear humans meant about this, though I have been hearing lots of talk about it. And we have been going to a number of different events and the like... but really, it sort of feels like just another fun day for me. However, last evening, we were in church. Now, I go to church pretty often... so I know what to do.. but we haven't gone at night....
and we haven't been to this church before. I can tell you it was very very crowded, I haven't ever seen so many in church before. Mom said it was because this church is much bigger than our's but also, because it is the Christmas Eve service. All the same, I knew to curl up, stay quiet and make it so people hardly even know I am there... which I did perfectly. So many people were surprised to see me, once they did notice me!!!!!
I will tell you that I was way quieter than the children.... Abbie and Reagan were very excited and loud..  though no one seemed to mind!!!! The service was very nice, lots of music, lots of happy greetings and just a nice over all feeling of good will .......
After church, we went to Rachel's (Mom's sister) house with her family... and look she has a tree too... seems like there are trees everywhere we go, so now I know what they are, and that they are a part of the Christmas celebration. I also know that you have to be careful around them and that the things under them (as tempting as it is) are not for dogs!!!!!
Rachel's house is small and with the whole family there, it was crowded... but I knew what to do when Mom "parked" me in a spot.... to stay quietly and watch... which I had great fun doing....
Usually I will take a little snooze while waiting, but there was too much going on and I had more fun checking it all out.....


Abbie and Naomi wanted to get some pictures of us in front of the tree.... I had never met Naomi's kitty (and I love kitties)... so, I wasn't really paying attention when they took the photo. Lucy (the kitty) was a bit concerned about me, so she wasn't paying attention either... but over all, the pictures went off well.....
Little Reagan - my buddy - was there too.... he has two dogs of his own that he loves.. so he is used to having me around.... and I just had to sneak in this little kiss when he came over to see me.....
Tonite for some reason, he found me very entertaining and would laugh and laugh at me.... he got me going and I would thump my tail or bark (softly) at him and he just thought that was the greatest!!! (me too!!!)
We stayed pretty late into the night, I watched the children open gifts, and everyone had food and drinks all around. Mom said that I was a perfect guest and she was so pleased with me. She told me several time threw out the evening that I was being the best dog ever (I love hearing those words!!!)
The next morning, Mom and Dad were up early. Farm chores were done quickly, the car was packed and Camille and I were in the car and off. Mom felt bad that the other dogs couldn't come with us... but I guess there is only room for so many... and they had special things to keep them happy while we were away. This time we were at Kassy, Nate's and Reagan's house.... yup, another tree (I know - no touching!!!)
To be honest, I was still tired from last night!!!! Having gone to church, and then the excitement at Rachel's and being out so late.. and up early..... I was just as happy to take snooze while the family celebrated together. Again, lots of gifts, food, laughter and excitement.... I saw Mom and Dad smiling so much that I knew this was such a happy time for them....
Even Camille was tired, and she hasn't done half the things I have.... but she's older, so I guess that's OK.....
It was fun to be in the middle of it all... and we still had to go to Meme and Beepa (Mom's parents house)  and have all this fun over again....










Mom told me that I'm not the only one enjoying their first Christmas... Reagan is too, in fact, we are pretty close in age..... though I am a "big girl now" and he's still just a baby. However, I love him and think he is grand. 



Sadly, Mom's camera battery ran out before the day was over... she was sad, because she would have taken many more pictures. but I can say the day was such fun, I got to visit with other dogs and the rest of the family and again it was late when we returned home. 

so much activity these past few days.... but I was so happy to be involved and act the way that a good girls does... and now I understand a bit of "Christmas" and I hope that everyone had as nice of a day as I did and as my family has....

and that a very good and special.... day with Debbie!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment