Wednesday, January 1, 2014

a new year????


I thought that Christmas was the only holiday .. but I found out today.. there is another one.. It's called "new years"... Mom says it's not as much fun as Christmas, but you know... it's all fun to me, and as long as we have this wonderful snow to play in... what do I care? This is a picture of the house that the horses live in... (they don't live inside with me!!!)
And here's my house.... it's much warmer than the horse's house, I do love laying beside the woodstove... especially when I have been outside in the cold....
Here are our horses..... and just to tell you who they are... there's Mocha, Silver, Twinkle, Duke and Tonka.... Mom says she has as many horses as she has dogs!!! 
The Christmas tree is still up, and Camille just loves being under it.... Mom says that Camille  must think she is a Christmas present.....
Mom was up very early this morning, I heard her working around in the kitchen. Now I know that she had this wonderful turkey to cook, which can only mean that we have company coming.... she usually only cooks these when we have lots of people coming to the house....
Part way threw the day, I heard a sound that I haven't heard before. Mom was all excited and ran to look out the window... so did I.. and this is what I saw. Two very strange looking motor vehicles.... Mom calls them "sleds"....
Soon everyone was getting on their winter gear and heading outside.... I had to stay in and watch, but I saw that these "sleds" are for riding on, and boy did the humans have a good time with them. Mom said that we were having an "open house" and all day long, people came by to see us, have some food, play with the sleds, and then went on their way. 
And we didn't just have human visitors... when Kathleen came.  she brought Mookie with her.  I was so happy to have someone to play with because Mom let us out in the pen to run and race.....
We had lots of friends, family and canines come by. The day was very cold, but everyone wanted to spend some time outside. I guess if you live in a place that has snow, you learn how to have fun in it... I know that I have!!! 
It's been a very exciting and busy time of year... and one afternoon, I just had to take a little snooze.... Mom found me up on the couch. The cockers get up there all the time, so I didn't see what the trouble was...









But after Mom got these photos, I was quickly shooed off and told that "service dogs do not get up on the furniture"... hummm... that doesn't seem quite fair that the others can and I can't. But, I see too that I can go places that the others can't, which means I often go with Mom while the other dogs have to stay at home... so.. maybe that's the trade.. they get "stuck home" but can get on the furniture.. and I can go but have to stay off... oh well, I guess that it's for me to figure out.... 

Mom says the days to come will be quieter and more "normal"... but, I don't mind what the days are because I love them all....  and that's a day with Debbie!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment