Sunday, January 12, 2014

winter adventures...


Hi, it's me... Debbie!!! and today Mom and I are off on an adventure......
We brought friends... This is Brutus (he's one of my best friends!!!) and his mom is Kathleen... Brutus does work for his mom....
This is what it looked like outside this morning.... ice, ice, ice... everywhere... and my Mom is not a big fan. It's so hard to get any work done with this kind of weather....
Which is why, we are at the mall today. Mom said she needed to get out of the house and doing something fun, so working at the mall qualifies!!!!
I like going to the mall... it's warm and we get to do a lot of walking. There are new people to watch (as they watch us) and Mom and Kathleen got a coffee and had a nice time visiting. Both Brutus and I got to practice our commands... here I am doing "under!!!"
A couple of days later, I went with Mom and Dad to a "gun show".... neither Mom or Dad are really into guns, but Nate and his friend Mike have a small shop and they were at the show with some of their things. Mom thought it would be a good field trip for me, and as you can see... there were lots of people there. 
I have to say, it's one of the few places that I have been where I didn't draw much attention. (Mom thought that was pretty nice)... most of the places we go, everyone wants to talk to me.. but here, I guess the guns were more exciting than I was. And that's OK, because I do find that it's hard to do my work when everyone wants to talk. I, of course, was perfectly behaved... and even when we went out to dinner afterwards. 
The winter has seemed long and cold... Mom says she doesn't mind the snow, she just isn't a huge fan of cold and ice. The horses seem to be doing well... but I have to say, my trips down to the barn with Mom are generally pretty quick....











by the way, Tonka... this is a service dog blog.. not a a horse one!!! LOL



and that's a day with Debbie!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment