Thursday, January 16, 2014

let's talk.... dogs!!!!

We are out the door again... my Mom has a way of keeping me busy and we do all sorts of different things. She says that thinking of different adventures is what will help make me a good service dog..... right now, as you can see, I am "under" the chair, being good and staying out of sight....
"can you see me????"
Today's adventure is with another service dog friend, Friday and his Mom Suzan. We have been invited to visit a group of women and talk about service dogs and the work that they do..... Friday is a graduate, and he and Suzan have been together for a couple of years....
Suzan did a very nice talk, and not just told about service dogs in general, but also shared some of the day to day things that she and Friday do together.  After the talk, people asked questions, and even wanted my Mom to tell them a bit about puppy raising.  
I like being out in the public, even if mostly I do this... lay quietly and watched what is going on around me.... though my favorite is when Mom lets me say hello to people...
aren't we cute together.......
Just don't tell Brutus that I gave Friday a little kiss!!!!!
The next day, Mom and I were off again... can you believe that we had two service dog talks to do in two days!!!! Mom says that when it "rains it pours"... (whatever that means).... 
This time, it was Mom that was giving the talk. We went to a college that is just for seniors, and these folks have all kinds of different people come and talk with them. I guess talks on dogs are very popular, because there were 80 people who came to here Mom talk about service dogs, and to see me. 
After Mom had everything set up for her talk, we were invited to join the college folks for lunch. We walked into a very crowded cafeteria.. and Mom could tell that some were very surprised to see me walking in. I knew that I had to be very good, and we could hear people talking about how impressed they were with my behavior... I know how to do this, how to behave around food and people eating... this is easy!!!!
During the lunch, I snoozed under the table.... people thought I had left because I was so good and they didn't even know I was there. And the talk went very well.... (no pictures because Mom was busy!!!). But I showed them my basic commands, and Mom told them why I wear the gentle leader and cape.. and we had a slide show about NEADS and the two hours went zooming by (though Mom was worried if we could fill that length of time)...

so, it's been a busy few days with field trips and talks... plus going to puppy school at night... it's amazing what we do to fill the cold winter days....

but for me... its a day with Debbie!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment