Saturday, December 21, 2013

shortest day or longest night???


Mom tells me this is a "short day"... she says that we won't have as much daylight as the other days, but after today... the days begin to get longer. I don't know if I can figure that out, all the days seem about the same to me... but for some reason this information makes Mom quite happy. I, on the other paw, am happy too... today we did a "field trip" with my little buddy Reagan.....
I hope you notice that we are both "dressed up".... Reagan with his "bow tie shirt" and me with a "bow tie on my collar".... Mom said we were at Story time at the library.... 
The library is kind of neat.... it's very quiet, but there is a lot of activity (at least there was today).... and besides the books and things... there were these Gingerbread houses all over the place. (they smelled so good)... Mom said that there had been a Gingerbread house contest and these were the ones that had entered. We walked all around them (definitely a "no touch" item)......
But, as we were walking about, I suddenly saw someone very important!!! Someone I know very well and was so happy to see........
It was Kathleen!!!!! and I found out that she is in charge of Story Time at the library... now, I remember.. I have been here before.... I came here with Kathleen when she brought me with her to work!!!!!
Kathleen reads books to the children who come for Story Time... they love her!!! and Reagan just couldn't take his eyes off Kathleen and the books she was reading. But when they sang songs, Reagan danced and clapped.... it was such a happy time...
I, of course, was very good .. I loved all the babies. Mom said that I had to be gentle around them (because they are so small)... so... I got just as small as I could and the babies all came over to see me. I held very still while they petted me (and their Mommies told them to be gentle with me as well)... and my tail just thumped the whole time......







Reagan sees me all the time, so he didn't come over like the other babies did... he was just so "in love" with Kathleen.... but, so am I... so I can understand that!!!! I hope we'll go back to Story Time again... this was a great field trip!!!



another day with Debbie!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment