Tuesday, December 25, 2012

my first Christmas...

This is my very first Christmas!!! Mom says it's a very special time for humans, and even thought I only see the celebration of it, there is a much deeper meaning. But, I am only a dog, so for me, it's OK to only see the celebrations. Even though I can feel the excitement in the air, Hunter and Trevor choose to sleep on the couch... they don't see very excited at all!!!! 
There are some doggies that are staying with us right now. Mom takes care of doggies when their people have to go away. I for one, think this is a very good idea, because it always seems that I have new play mates!!!! This is Max, he and his sister came to stay and we had a grand time playing together......






Our tree is still in the house... Mom tells me that it is "empty" right now, but it will soon be filled with gifts... OK.....






On Christmas Eve we went to church. It's not my usual church, but it was very nice, and we met up with some of the family. I like going to church... everyone smiles at me, and for some reason, I am usually the only dog there.... why don't more dogs go to church????
I was a very good girl and laid quietly at Mom's feet, just like I do at my own church. The service was nice, lots of singing and people seemed to be in such a happy mood. One thing I noticed, (and even though she didn't say) Mom wasn't feeling so good... she put on a brave face, but I could tell, she wasn't herself. We didn't stay long after church... Mom seemed a bit anxious to move on, but people still wanted to say hi and many said "we didn't even know she was with you" (which Mom says is a very good thing)

Christmas morning, Mom wasn't feeling good at all. She almost thought about staying in bed all day... but she said she couldn't "miss Christmas".. so, we packed up and went to Kassy's house. There was a lot going on there, food being cooked, all the Flagg family was there, and Abbie was so excited. We went into the living room and the tree had all these presents all around... Abbie could hardly wait....

I watched with great interest as she opened all the gifts and made a big mess with all the paper. I tried to sneak into the middle of all that  paper (it would have been fun to rip that up)  but Mom asked me to "stay"....
Afterwards, though, Abbie and I had some play time together. I was happy to know that even with her new toys and things, she still thinks that I am very special...... I love her!!!!
From Kassy's house, we went to Meme and Beepa's house. Poor Mom, she wasn't doing too well... I climbed up in her lap just to check on her. She gave me a big hug and said that I was being a very good girl... I'm always so happy when I am doing the right things for her.....
Naomi came and I got to play with both her and Abbie. Now, if this is what Christmas is all about... I love it too. The family had such a great time together... they enjoy being together and it's always such a happy feeling when they are spending time with each other....
More food, more gifts and plenty of visiting time. Christmas must be very special to humans..... but as a dog, I am glad that I get to be a part of it too....










It was a long and fun day... when we got home, even Camille was tired and took up her special spot on the back of the couch. Mom was very tired and went right to bed... I hope she will be OK.... I'm a little worried....

I noticed that our tree had gifts too, but everyone said they could wait until tomorrow... so, I guess we're having Christmas all again.... but for me, being with Mom, the family and feeling such a happy spirit... I think Christmas is pretty wonderful...
 
the life of ... Rylie!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment