Wednesday, October 31, 2012

hurricane and Halloween...

Today is Halloween, and even though I don't exactly know what that means, I understand that Abbie is a little sad, because there is no trick or treating. Mom and Dad seemed worried about the other animals on the farm, especially the turkeys. A storm, which they are calling a "hurricane" is coming....
Mom, Dad, and Abbie all went down to the barn and tried to get things in order as much as they could. The turkeys didn't have any shelter from the wind....
So, they wrapped their pen in a big tarp. Dad said to Mom that at least it's "warm".. so they don't have to worry about the birds getting cold. But it's best to have them out of the wind. Everyone else will be fine being in the barn, and by the end of the day... we were all cozy and safe in the house.
The wind blew very strong (no it didn't knock down the windmill.. Mom and Dad laid it down on the ground). But we did loose power and so the generator had to be started. Mom is so happy for a generator.. being without power can be bothersome.. and I guess around here, the power can go out often.
We spent the day inside. My trips outside to potty were quick at best.. I don't mind the rain, but the wind was another thing. Mom was pleased that I know how to potty quickly...









So.. I have seen my first hurricane... and Mom said just knowing how to potty quickly in bad weather is a good thing...


add another one to my list....





life with.... Rylie....

No comments:

Post a Comment