Friday, October 26, 2012

howl-een check in....

One thing about being a puppy, is every day is so exciting and there is always something new. This is my friend Marv, he's working on being a service puppy too... we're about the same age, but Marv is much bigger than I am......
Marv and his Mom Linda completed the puppy class and graduated!!! Here's they're photo, and it's just the first of many "graduations" to come!!!!!
I work in the classes too.. that is, when Mom can find someone to work with me. She's so busy teaching the classes that she can't work with me. But I know what to do... see here, I am doing my down stay (even when my friend beside me got up and left - I didn't even move). Mom was so happy with me......
And here, I did my down stay even when Rick stepped over me.... I know that I won't be stepped on, so I just stay liked I was suppose to.....
Here's Moxie.... she's doing her sit stay waiting to be called.......
We had some special activities in the house!!! I understand "Halloween" is coming up .. not too sure what that is all about, but there seems to be some excitement about it and plans for fun things. Abbie and her Mom took the pumpkins and craved them, and then roaster all the seeds inside. Those seeds sure smelled good roasting in the oven.. and the pumpkins looked kind of neat when they were lit up.
And then, it was time to go and see Dave again. Now, I'm not so sure what was with "dressing us up".. but all the humans got these fins, and put them on our backs. They said we were sharks and that we were going to surprise Dave with them...
Wearing the fins wasn't much different from wearing out vests... but the humans were all excited about it....
OK... we're ready to go and see what Dave thinks about all of this...
Moxie showing Dave her fin... I guess the joke is, Dave isn't a fan of sharks... and this Halloween thing is to "scare" people... so, were we trying to scare Dave with these....
Dave doesn't seem very scared to me... in fact he laughed and shook his head.... our silly humans!!!!!
Then it was talk time. Mom calls this the "round table"... we puppies know it's time to lay quietly and let them do their thing. It's also a time to rest a bit before heading out to training.. I remember this from last month.
Before we headed out to the street, we got to take a little tour of the kennel. At some point in our training, we will spend some time at the kennel, so it's nice to have a look at it ahead of time.
Our trip today wasn't into the city, but to a mall instead. Mom has had me to a few stores, to look around, but this is my first time at working at the store. Moxie was more than ready to head in with her Dad....
I watched quietly to see what it is that I'm suppose to do... it doesn't look that hard if you ask me....
Oh, I see... like everywhere else... get there, and then practice being "quiet" while the humans talk and have a bit to eat. Is this what "service dog work is".... kind of boring at times!!!!!
Moxie and Rick came up with a better idea... they went to socialize with some folks. I would have liked that, but Mom thought "waiting" would be a better job for me today.
When we were done in the store, it was back outside. We sat for a little bit and watched the activities in the parking lot and many people going in and out stopped to talk with us. I like that part too....
The next store we went to was "scary"... it was a Halloween store and it had all kinds of strange things. I thought they all looked like big toys and I wouldn't have minded playing with them. Monty thought the same thing... this was a big spider that jumped out at you , actually my Mom wasn't too thrilled with that... but Monty and I, we were ready to grab that spider!!!!
Everywhere we turned, things jumped, or made strange noises, I thought it was rather silly. Moxie however, was not very happy with the zombie thing that popped up and growled at us. Her Dad had to show her that it wasn't real, but truthfully, none of us liked it, and Mom said, it wouldn't normally be a store she would have gone into.

I guess we just need to know that there are all kinds of strange things out there in the world, and our humans are just trying to prepare us for anything they can think of.



But the day was starting to get long, and I am still pretty little and was getting tired. I kept looking at Mom and telling her, it's time to go home... I've had enough city work....




the life of ....Rylie......

No comments:

Post a Comment