Friday, June 28, 2013

Chapter six... "days with Debbie!!!"


Hi!!!! My name is Debbie... I am a yellow lab and I was born on 4/14/13... that makes me about 10 weeks old. I understand that I am about to embark on a great adventure, and maybe one day... become a service dog. But for now, I am heading home with my new Mom to a place that is called Sweetgrass Farm. Since I have no idea who my Mom "is" or what a farm "is"... I guess I'll just have to wait and see.......
but, before I get to all of that. My life has begun with being at NEADS... and this is Dave. He is the trainer who oversees my Mom and the other puppy raisers. He thought that Sue might be a good Mom for me, and also the fact that Sue had to turn in her last puppy, Rylie......
When I first met my Mom she was crying... I don't know what that's all about, but I think I can fix it. I gave her all the puppy kisses I could and tried to tell her not to be sad.... (I wonder why she is so sad though... I usually make people smile!!!)
After we kissed, she set me down and I got to say hello to some big labs... Rylie is the dog to my left and Otis is the one to my right.... I have a feeling that I will be seeing alot of Otis, but not Rylie.....
My new Mom said she wanted to get some pictures of her "two girls" together... guess I am one of those girls.....
And these are my new friends... this is the Maine Puppy chapter... and for NEADS, these folks are full time raisers, which means we go home and live with them - all the time - the first year of our life. I understand this is very special, and all these people take their job very seriously.....
Rylie was very sweet with me, but I sensed something was up with her too... I get the feeling that this is kind of sad day... and all I want to do it make it all better. I wonder what is going on......
So, after some more photos, and a few more hugs and kisses... Rylie is going with Dave, and I suddenly understand. When I went with Dave it was so I could meet my new Mom and I will be with her... And now, Rylie going away must mean that she is headed to another Mom... so, I guess my Mom raises puppies until they are big enough to go to another place for more training... and that means, that I won't be with my Mom forever either. Well... I'm not going to worry about that just now.
I listen while the people talk.... I am very curious about all of this....
Hmmmmm...... it's all so interesting and I am ready to get started and see what this is all about....
Some more hugs with Mom and she seems to be feeling a bit better. Boy, am I glad that I came along.....
Then she says it's time we think about heading for home...... so, I take a minute to scratch....
And do a little sniffing.....
And find that "right spot"......
And then I have to try on a cape to make sure it will fit... (wonder why I'll need this???)
And another little chat with a big lab.....
And then it's time to get into the car.... I hear it's a rather long ride.....
I don't mind riding, especially when I have a nice lap to cuddle in.....













And take a little snooze, because I think I'm going to be needing the energy...

so, this is where it all begins.... and Mom and I will keep all of you up to date on the days and the year ahead.... because it's training time... and these are...



the days with........ Debbie!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment