Friday, June 21, 2013

first day of summer...


These days, the sun is up so early and the moon goes to bed so late... Mom said today is the first official day of summer and it is the day that we have the longest daylight. We got up just in time to watch the moon go to bed.....
Abbie  and I having an early morning play....
Life on the farm is good. I like it here, but Mom said that some news has come... and it's official that in a few days --- actually --- my first birthday, I will be returning to NEADS and going in for advance training. This news always makes my Mom so sad, but she said that she knew from our first day together that this time would come.... am I ready...
Mom says I am......
In the meantime, things are busy on the farm. It's hay season and the humans have been busy getting it into the barn, so the horses will have their food next winter.....
Up to the hayloft it goes... on an elevator no less... but certainly not like the elevators that I have ridden on!!!!!
The guinea hens are busy keeping the bugs away.... I have gotten very used to them and Mom says that's why I know not to chase birds... even though I am a Labrador!!!!!
We've also been getting a lot of thunderstorms... Mom doesn't like them at all... neither does Camille....











They are kind of scary and they can be very loud. But they don't bother me at all.. which Mom says is a very good thing.

So, it looks like my last week here on Sweetgrass Farm has begun. I knew there had been other service puppies here before me.. and that there are going to be more to follow... but Mom says, like her other puppies, there will always be a little place here on the farm and in her heart, that will belong just to me...

life of ...Rylie!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment