Monday, June 3, 2013

camp....


So, with all this hot weather that we have been having, Mom said it was time to get up to "camp" .. open it up and get things ready for summer. That sounded like fun to me.. I'm not so sure what "camp" is.. but everyone else got pretty excited when they heard. First off, the docks had to go in... so we all watched while the humans pulled them into the lake .....
I was pretty curious about all that was going on, and went down on the rocks, close to the water to check things out. Mom kept telling me to "go for a swim"... but, what does that mean??
I will say the water tasted pretty good, and I got in close enough to have a nice drink....
And while I was sitting on the dock, enjoying the sun and just being near the water... the strangest thing happened....
Charlie (who is another cocker in the family) ran right past me and jumped into the lake. He then swam big circles, going round and round and was really enjoying being in the water..... is this what Mom meant by "go swimming???"
And then the humans went in as well.... in fact, even little baby Reagan went in with his parents.... everyone was going in the water!!!!
Trevor came running down to the dock and with a mighty splash, he jumped in too.....
Banjo actually jumped off the dock... I was so excited to see him do that, and I thought, just for a moment that I would like to follow him in the lake... but I still wasn't quite brave enough....
Charlie and Banjo love to swim together....
and then I watched as even Charlie jumped from the dock into the water... something inside told me that I could swim if I wanted to. Mom kept encouraging me... and said she would really like me to try, because we aren't going to have much time together to be at the lake ......









well... I took a big breath... got as brave as I could and went into the lake... and you know... even though I was still just a little bit scared... turns out that I am a pretty good swimmer..... playing in the lake, is fun!!!!!




life of ..... Rylie!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment