Thursday, February 28, 2013

checkin' and puppy swap time!!!


Mom was a little worried that the snow we got yesterday would keep us from doing our check-in today at NEADS. But since the snow has stopped, and Mom doesn't mind driving...the chapter folks decided that we would go. As we pulled out this morning, this is what the farm looked like..... it's pretty snowy around here.
We met at Rick and Moxie's house, and while we were waiting for everyone to show up.. Mom took this picture out of the front window of Moxie's house. She says that she is getting tired of all the snow.. but I notice that she likes to take lots of pictures of it..... I, of course, just think the snow is great, so I don't mind it one little bit!!!!
We arrived at NEADS, and met with Dave in the conference room. Everyone seems to be doing quite well, and Dave wanted all the humans to do another puppy swap. I later learned that I wouldn't be going home with Mom today... Vega ( the new york puppy) will be going to the farm...Moxie is staying at NEADS for abit, Marv is actually going to the farm too, because his Mommy is going away for a little while... Mercury - who is new to us - is going with Rick and I am going to Kathleen's... whew.. it's hard to keep up with our adventures...
However, before we left for the city... Mom and I popped in to say hi to Gerry. She always likes to check in and see how he is doing. He has Mom's last dog... Bogey.... and she likes to hear how things are going. Bogey loves being Gerry's pet dog.....(and he'll get to do lots of swimming at their lake)....
And Bernice got a nice surprise... her last puppy, T, came for a visit. T is doing great as a pet dog too... it's nice for me to know that if I don't make it as a "service dog"..I will have a very nice family to go to.....but, Mom and I don't like to think about that right now...
Ok.. I'm ready... let's head to the big city.....I might be a country dog.. but I can handle the city!!!!!
It was a cold day .... so we decided to go and work inside at the hospital.....
Our humans had some lunch and then as we were heading over to the elevators.. this nice gentleman came over to me. He loved me and Mom had a hard time pulling us away..... I like people, I would have been happy to just stay with him all afternoon... I didn't need to do any work....
Riding in the elevator.... quite the view from  here. I wonder if that is my friend walking down there..... "hello to you, my friend!!!"
Here we are... Moxie, Marv and me... just waiting to see what Dave wants us to do next......
There was time enough to hurry over and see the train. It pulled in just as we arrived.... Trains are fine... I kind of like them...We practiced on the stairs in  the station, walked on slippery floors, did "unders" with the seats that are there... just all kinds of things that good service dogs have to do... Mom said I was perfect with everything (of course!!!)






As I said before, we have a new member of the Maine team.. this is Mercury.. he's going to be Kathleen's buddy (after I do my puppy swap with her). He seems like a nice chap and I am sure we will get to be good friends. Mom says that's what "puppy raisers do"... they bring up their puppies, and move onto more puppies... It makes me a little sad to think that Mom isn't always going to be my Mom... but she says I have a very special "job" to do and when it's time for me to move on... I will.... but we'll talk about that at another time...
for now, I'm heading home with Kathleen and see what things she has to show me... and that's  "the life of... Rylie!!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment