Friday, August 24, 2012

a birthday party....(6/24)

Well, Mom didn't worry too much about "settling in time", because she has had me out and about right from the start. But, we did do one very special "field trip" (as she calls them)  to a birthday party for Naomi. Naomi LOVES dogs, so her "theme" was all about dogs, and of course she wanted me to come...
The kids took to us right away.... Camille was super happy, because she loves kids.. and actually, so do I. The kids were excited to hear all about me, and one little girl there knows Monty (the puppy that is with Kathleen) and she was so proud to be able to tell Mom what she knew about service puppies.
Camille smiled all day long.....
The kids played this one game that I must say, I wondered about. They got a big stick and hit at this poor "dog". Mom just had to be sure that all the kids knew, you never would hit a real dog... and they knew that... but this one was filled with candy, so I guess it was OK to hit it....
And when the party was underway, this other "dog" showed up. It was the strangest thing I think I have ever seen... more human than dog!!! But, I went right over to say my hellos....
As "weird" as it was, I wasn't letting it trouble me. Mom seemed pretty please with my response .... and actually, I was braver than some of the children!!!!
I wasn't the only service puppy there... my friend Moxie was invited too. Moxie is very nice and made sure to wish the birthday girl a happy day.
 
Both Moxie and I got lots of hugs from Naomi and all the kids. We thought that was pretty good....












By the end of the day.. two puppies in training were tired!!! But it was a very fun day... and I am certainly up for adventures...

Bogey.....

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment