Sunday, January 29, 2012

time for church...

Hello everyone --- I'm Norton!!! I guess you already know about me, since my new Mom made a post to this blog, but now it's my turn to introduce myself and add my name to list of service dogs that have written on this blog!!! (I didn't even know I knew how to write!!!). In case you haven't noticed, I am not a golden - like Chester and Ginger were (are).. I am a Labradoodle. NEADS uses a variety of dogs for service work, granted the retrievers (labs and golden) are the more popular ones, but we doodles and poodles have our spot as well. Mom said that I am very cute, but she has also admitted to me, that it's going to take her a little time to think of me as a service dog and not just a big teddy bear, or a muppet. That's OK, I'm out to prove her "wrong" and show her just what kind of a service dog I can be!!! You all wait and see.
One thing for sure, she didn't cut me much slack. On our ride home from NEADS we stopped at a place called Cracker Barrel. Guess it's part of the trip - and I had to "hide" under the table with Otis and Edgar. I did very well.. Mom was pleased. Then Sunday morning, I was up and dressed again....

Heading out to church. All the folks at church were so pleased and surprised to see me. Mom had thought it might be a bit of time before she had another service puppy to work with, and of course, the fact that I'm not a golden (will they ever get over that???) had some to do with it. But, I'll tell you... it didn't take me too long to warm those people up to me!!!!
I have to say, it took me a little time to get comfortable at church. Mom insisted that I could fit under the pews, and I wasn't so sure about that. So first I wiggled one way and then another, and then again... Mom said I wiggled more than baby Abbie!!!!

I tried to convince Mom that I just couldn't do this, and she kept saying "yes, you can - YES you WILL" so I finally gave in, found a spot were she was pleased enough and I chilled for the rest of the service. I'm a fairly large dog, but I guess I need to learn how to 'get small" and chill....
So, here I am ... service puppy number three at Sweetgrass Farm. Mom says we have big adventures ahead.. and if that's one thing I can tell you about being a doodle... I'm always up for adventure...
ready to go....... Norton!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment