Tuesday, January 3, 2012

it's turn in day....

So, here it is... turn in day... my term for returning Ginger to NEADS, where she will now "turn into" the dog she is suppose to become. We are merely a stepping stone on her journey, and though I know full well how this all works, the emotional side of me doesn't have a clue. She stayed with us longer than Chester did, which all in all worked well... because I feel she needed more time. She is a softer dog than Chester and the time to do some growing up served her well.






It was a super cold day, so I didn't get as many "farm photos" as I would have liked... but here are a few good ones to show that she was (is) a part of our family and farm.










Because Kathleen was heading off to visit with her family, Leo came to stay with us for a couple of nights and then turn in with Ginger - and with T -, so it was two goldens in the back seat of the truck, as it has been many times. As little puppies, they certainly did not take up this much space!!! They love each other and it was a rare treat that litter mates get to become such good friends and see each other so often.






Bernice and I arrive at NEADS in the afternoon. I was grateful that the weather was good and the traveling easy. Dave was waiting for us, and Sherry had the tissues ready....











It was nice to have the time to say those final goodbyes.. because even though we will see the "puppies" again, they won't be ours... so truly this is "the good bye". Of course we always hope to meet them again at the side of their awesome new owners.. but there is still much to be done before that day arrives. I didn't even try to "look good" for the camera.... I give up......







The "sibs" having some quiet time together, they will meet up with sister Clover who is also "in".... so I suspect the next few days while they go threw vets checks and the like, they will have a grand time together.....










They are all beginning to look like service dogs..















And that one last look into those beautiful brown eyes, that sweet face who has looked at me like this "millions of time" and asked... "what are we going to do next?"

It's a kiss --- a hug ----




it's goodbye...............

































1 comment:

  1. I cant type... my tears are streeming down my face... Great job, Sue and G.

    ReplyDelete