Thursday, February 24, 2011

training day



Hello everyone.. Ginger here!!! Can you beleive that a whole month has gone by and we were back at NEADS again for our check in. The usual group went, Teena and Freedom, Kathleen and Leo, Mom and me... but this time we also had Bernice with us, and I'll tell you more about her later in the blog. Mom and I want to know... when will we go to NEADS and not have snowbanks? We have decided to keep track of that!!!






So, here I am... I got to see some of the gals from the puppy house this trip. They commented on how big I have gotten and how pretty I am now (which I already knew having seen myself in that mirror!!!) I like checking in at NEADS.... I feel pretty much at home there.









As always, Dave starts out with our "check list" and gives Mom and Kathleen a chance to chat with him and fill him in on what we are doing at home. Mom loves to have the opportunity to ask questions and bounce ideas off Dave. Even though she has been dog training a long time, she says there are always things that she has to learn!!! From what I understand, both brother Leo and I are right where we should be (whatever that means!!!)




Today's adventure was the grocery store. I've only been in a couple of them so far, but really it isn't any big deal. They still have the same sort of shopping carts and doors that move by themselves, and lots of people. Course there are many wonderful things to look at and check out, but when I am "working" Mom says that I need to stay focus on her....







OK Mom.. whatever. When the humans get to talking, this is what Leo and I tend to do... just wait quietly until they are done.... boring!!!!










This is Bernice.... and look who she has!!! A puppy... a new Maine Chapter puppy... they have joined the ranks!!! The puppy is Loyalty, a St. Poodle he is about four months old. Bernice has had many poodles, so she knows just what to do with this little chap. And I guess you will be seeing his photo here on my blog!!!








Though, I'm not too sure who he thinks he is!!! Leo and I will have to remind him that he isn't the only service puppy, but I think we can handle him. Actually, we'll all have a good time, I can tell already....










Dave walked us out to the car at the end of the day, gave us good advise and parting words... until we go back again - next month.











On the way home, the "Moms" always stop at Cracker Barrel for a meal. We (the puppies) have to go under the table and practice our lessons....the people here are so nice to use, I think they're getting use to us coming in each month...









And as far as I go... just get me back in the truck, where "kitty" is waiting and I am ready to head home after another busy day....



that all the adventures for now.. until later...

love Ginger







No comments:

Post a Comment