Friday, November 15, 2013

a visit to Cabela's


This morning, Mom got me all dressed up and said that we were heading out on an adventure. She said that we were going to meet up with Otis and some other "puppies in training" and have a fun time together. Sounds good to me, I like adventures. We met with Otis at Cabela's and just as we were talking, in came the other puppies.....
This is another working dog group called ACTS... Mom and Otis's Mom, Linda, know many of the folks with ACTs... so, it is always nice of them to invite us along on one of their field trips..... 
They are a nice group of dogs and people, and it was fun to work with them. Mom thought it was very good for me to work with other dogs that I have never met before. I don't see what the big deal is about that, I like everyone and know how to do my work.... but I guess that is what Mom wants to be sure of....
Otis and I hung out together and waited our turn to try new things. Otis comes to Cabela's alot, so none of this is really new to him. And for me... just tell me what you want done... I'll do it!!!
 This is my friend Friday... he is a working dog and helps Suzan out with all sorts of things. Mom worked near Suzan and said that "it was good for me to be around her scooter"... I just liked walking threw the store and being near Friday.....
Cabela's has all sorts of neat things... one being the huge fish tank. I stood there and watched those fish swimming around for the longest time. It was peaceful. Mom talked with the other people, and said that this was such a nice outing for the both of us..... I agree... we practiced up and down the isles... walked beside the shopping carts.. looked at all the big stuffed animals.... so much to see and do....
Then we walked over the near the "shooting gallery"... it made all sorts of funny sounds and there were "things" that moved all around. I was pretty interested in this.....










I think I would make a great "gun" dog.. but Mom says that isn't the work that I am heading for.. too bad... it would be great fun to chase all these things!!!! But for today, it's just a place to watch and see what there is to see. 


Mom says that I am getting old enough now to do more field trips like this one. (I guess because I am very good about never going potty inside)... so as far as I can tell... my adventures like this are going to happen alot.... but that's all good with me and is just another


day with Debbie!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment