Sunday, November 24, 2013

festival of trees..


It's a funny sort of thing... I feel like there are changes in the air. It's colder when I go out in the mornings... and it's darker when Mom, Camille and I head out to dog class. The house is nice and warm, and I smell wood smoke in the air...the leaves are all off the trees.... Mom says the "seasons have changed" and that one day soon, we could have lots of snow, which she says I will love...
But, for now, I am finding that sunny spot by the french doors in the living are my favorite place. Every afternoon, when the sun lays in like this... you can find me right here....
Mom and I take all sorts of "adventures and field trips".. she tells me that the "holiday season" is coming (wonder what that's all about) and that we will have lots of things to do and see. I remember going to "harvestfest" not that long ago.. so maybe she means things like that. Guess we'll see.....
And then, here we go!!! This event was called the "Festival of trees" and we went at night. It was cold, but everyone seemed so happy and filled with high spirits. There were lots of lights, music and Christmas trees... and people!!!  Lots and Lots of people, and probably the most crowded place that I have ever been....
There were things that moved and once we got into line we walked by many things. Plus, sometimes we were outside and sometime we went inside. Lots of people stopped Mom to ask questions about me, why I was there and what I was training to do. Mom is used to answering questions!!!!
Abbie came along with us. I love it when we go out together, she loves me and she is always telling me what a good puppy I am. Abbie loves to have her picture taken with me, and many times she stopped Mom and said... "Baby (that's what she calls Mom)... can you take a picture of me and Deb.???"  and so she did....
I really liked being out on this trip.... Mom said that I was such a good girl and that it was important that I behaved as I should. Especially where there were so many people about....
These are called Christmas trees... (so I learned).. and from what Mom said, I guess we are going to have one in our house!!! (but that comes after Thanksgiving - which I understand is next)... 
But, back to this story. One of the displays that Abbie and I liked the best was "the doggie's tree"... there were many toy dogs that were nearly the size of me and looked so real. Abbie said that maybe I should stay with this tree and see if the people knew which dog was real.... 
So many trees and pretty things to look at... 
And when we went into different buildings, I had to really be good - which of course, I was. One of the funny things... I always sit and wait patiently when Mom is busy with something else (like looking at Christmas trees) and the people around us thought that was so amazing.... I like being 'amazing"....
Mom liked this decoration.. she says she might make one for herself....
It was a fun night... but aside from all the activity... I began to smell something very nice in the air.......
And when we got back to the farm.... this is what I saw (and smelled) Mom said .. "the snow has arrived".... 
This is snow???  It's wonderful!!! Mom let Abbie and I stay outside for a little while (it was late and cold)... I found it so amazing, it's cold and wet, but it's pretty and fun to run in...











Mom tells me this is only the beginning... that we will get snow many times and that it's now winter. I guess too that the snow can get deep... however it works out... I think I am ready for snow....




and that's another day with Debbie!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment