Saturday, September 28, 2013

visiting neads!!!


Today is check in day!!!! and another month rolls around.... we all  met in the morning and drove down to NEADS.... first stop (well after Mom uses the restroom!!!) is the scales. I'm not a very big dog, but I am growing and Dave needs to know how much we weigh each month.
On this trip, Bernice and Zuzu joined in on the fun. Some one had left a big bucket of balls in the lobby and didn't we have fun with them (while we waited for Dave)... I had a ball, but watching Zuzu, her's seemed so much better than mine!!!! Mom said I had to be happy with the one I had - but I sure would have loved to take Zuzu's ball....
When Dave arrived we went in for the "chat time"... (it's so boring...) but I know that the humans need to do this... seems important to them that they talk about us.....
Rayvan found it as boring as I did.....
Afterwards, we went out to the van to play on the lift... that was way more fun.... we got to hop on and off, and then got lots of good treats for doing that. I could hop on and off all day long!!! I like to jump and I love the treats. The humans seem to think this is such an amazing thing... (I think we have them fooled)....
Rayvan wanted to "show off" and even showed the humans that not only is she NOT afraid, and likes to hop on and off... but she will even lay down..... I'll have to remember to do that the next time!!!!!
Course we always have to go into the city. And it's pretty much the same there too... the humans stop to eat (while we get to "under" the table) and we walk around the hospital.. and then over to the bus station. Today the station was busy, I enjoyed watching the crowd.....
Yup, there were a lot of people... but Mom said that it was time to be "serious".. so she kept me "working" and didn't allow me to run and greet everyone. I notice that she doesn't allow that so much anymore....
Zuzu on the other hand, got to meet anyone she wanted. And the people loved meeting her.... Mom says that Zuzu isn't practicing to be a service dog, and that's why she can go up to anyone.. but for me, she says that it's "different".... (I say that it's not fair!!!)
The same goes for Rayvan as well. So, we just  hung out together, watched the buses, and the people go by. We were able to get onto one of the buses and check it out, that was kind of neat.... but I can sense there are changes in my training now... Mom says it's because I am getting bigger and the time has come to look at this a bit more serious....







However, she doesn't forget that I am still a puppy and so after a long day of being "serious" both she and Linda let us have a bit of play time!!!! I think I am beginning to sort it out.. sometimes you have to 'work and pay attention" and then other times, it's OK to "be a dog and silly"... it seems like a good balance....


and that's another ...day with Debbie!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment