Sunday, September 8, 2013

things that fly..


Looks like we're off on another adventure!!! Today - Mom, Dad and I went to a model jet show... it was a beautiful day, but very windy... which I guess isn't good when it comes to model planes.... however, there were many planes to see and many people there to see them.
There were also model cars, that were racing on this track. I thought those were pretty neat, and if I could have... I would have run and chased them. But, Mom said "no" that would be a very bad idea.
So much to look at and see.... I think it's all so interesting, and Mom liked that I was curious...
Despite the windy conditions, some of the smaller planes could fly. They did all sorts of different patterns in the sky, and the crowd clapped and laughed watching them.
Me... well, I just took a little snooze in the warm sunshine and on the warm pavement. People all around us kept commenting to Mom how "calm and well behaved" I was.
Dad was especially sad to see the big planes being "put away"... it was just too windy to fly them, and from what I understand, they are expensive to build, so no one wanted to chance them crashing to the ground...
We spent most of the day there, walking around and seeing all the different things. As we were leaving though, this caught my eye.... a ribbon flying in the wind. I just had to check this out.....
It flapped around in so many directions, I was fascinated....
And then I just had to catch it.... which I did several times....
Mom let me play with it for awhile.. she said that one day I may be taught to tug on things like this, so she didn't mind me being silly with this ribbon....











And there was one more stop before we got in the car and headed home.... seems like I am always waiting on Mom, one way or another....






and that's another "day with Debbie".....

No comments:

Post a Comment