Friday, July 12, 2013

puppy school and meet the doctor!!!


Hi again, it's me... Debbie.. and that's my friend (aka Auntie) Kathleen... my Mom doesn't waste anytime when it comes to puppy raising, and I find myself in puppy school. That's OK, because I like to work and learn new things (and get those treats!!!) so puppy school is OK with me......
Because Mom teaches the puppy schools that I attend, she is always looking for other people to do the class work with me (then she works with me at home.)  On Mondays, it's Kathleen, but I understand that as the other classes come along I will have other friends to work with. Do you see Noble - the big yellow lab - he is also a puppy in training with Mom's friends, Mary and Scott... Noble is a CCI puppy, and one day, I hope to be a big dog like him.....
While Kathleen and I were working together.. another puppy (Tuka) wanted to show how smart he was (is)... but I'm quicker and did my sit right away... Mom says I am a very good girl and she thinks I have the "right stuff" (what ever that means!!!)
I have this sit thing down packed!!!! and I know there are many other things to learn about.... sounds good to me!!!!
A few days later, it was time to check in and meet the people who will be taking care of my medical things. I see the great folks at Down Maine Vet clinic.. and they have taken care of all the puppies that Mom raises. Mom is so grateful for their gift of medical care..without them helping, it wouldn't be so easy. Abbie and Sadie went with us to see the doctor.....
Everyone was so excited to meet me.... This is Tammy, I had a big kiss for her.....
And Donna thought I was cute enough to "eat up"..... I loved everyone there.......
First stop... stand on the scale and be weighed.... I am 16 pounds..... just right is what I am told....
Then it was time to have my exam. I didn't mind one thing about that either... except that I had to stay still.... that was a little harder to do, so Mom had to help me......
The doctor had to look at everything!!!! My goodness, I don't think he missed one part of my body.... oh, and then I had to get some shots. Those were the most fun, but a cookie afterwards made it all fine....
And this is Dr. Spahn.... he (and Dr. T) will be my vets for the next year.... (and we can't thank them enough for supporting the Maine puppy chapter with their excellent care of the puppies!!!!!!)











As we were leaving another yellow lab came to see the vet. Both Abbie and I were pretty excited to see another puppy that looked a lot like me.... he was a little older and bigger, but we had a nice visit. So, I am a good a brave girl, and not one bit scared of going to the vet office... Mom says that is very good and we will be seeing them a few more times over the next month...

but for now... that is "the day with.....Debbie"!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment