Friday, July 5, 2013

first few days


It's me again. I spent two night with Kelli and Rick at their house, and now I am back again with my Mom and Dad... and goodness have the days been busy. I have been meeting new people and doing new things... it's hard to remember all of it. But I want to show you my new "dog-mother"... Deb!!! (yes we have the same name!!!) This Deb is Nate's Mom... Nate is married to Kassy, and Kassy is my Mom and Dad's daughter. This Deb was so excited to meet me....
And we will see alot of each other over the next year. She was happy to be my "dog-mother" and she loved the kisses I gave to her. It's so nice to know that so many people will love and support me in my journey to service dog... I'm a lucky dog!!!!
Now, I live on a farm. There are so many other animals who live here too... there are four cocker spaniels.. they are Camille, Hunter, Trevor and Tazzy... plus there are other pets in our family and in the extended family, and I will have the chance to meet each one. Every morning, Mom and I walk up to the barn... today, I had a little talk with Mona, she is one of the cats that live here. Mona likes dogs, so she was a nice one to talk with...
There are several birds which live around the barn.. there are chicken, turkeys and guinea hens. Mom says that I must never chase them, and basically ignore that they are around. I think I can do that, if I look at them too much, Mom finds something else for me to do. But, my nose tells me there are more to meet....
This is a horse!!! there are five of them that live here... this horse is named Tonka, and he was very curious to meet me. Mom held me up so I wouldn't be afraid, but I wasn't. He's a very sweet guy and was happy to meet me. I'm going to like horses, I can tell.....
And this is Abbie, she is Mom and Dad's grand daughter. Abbie likes dog very much and she told me that she really misses Rylie. Well, I am going to do my best and help her love me and not worry so much about Rylie......
This is Naomi... she is Mom's niece... she likes dogs too. I am beginning to understand that everyone in our family really likes all kinds of animals. This is going to be a fun place to grow up....
Abbie loves to run and play with me. She doesn't worry if I get too rough... but Mom says that is not a good way to play. So, i guess I will have to learn to play differently with little girls than I do with other puppies... there is much to learn.
The fourth of July came, it's a holiday.... and my family packed up and went to "camp"... (which isn't that far from the farm)... camp was great, it has lots of room (well the farm does too), but even better .... it has a lake!!! The weather was very hot and everyone was having a great time in the lake... I wanted to go too.
And.... I learned to swim. I sort of knew how --- I am a lab afterall, but it took a few tries for me to really catch on. Once I got it though, there was no stopping me.. Mom says she'll have to keep an eye on me when we are around the lake... I swam until I got tired, and even though I didn't want to... Mom made me get of the lake and rest.
Once I was back up on dry land, I realized I was pretty tired and had to admit that Mom made a good choice. I laid in the warm sunshine, got dried off and took a good nap....











Hunter was doing the exact same thing. I thought he was just being an "old" dog.. but actually he had the right idea all along.

So in the past few days, I have spent the night away from home, met all kinds of farm animals.. learned some new rules, and have been very busy.


and these are the days with..... Debbie!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment