Sunday, April 15, 2012

they call it flyball...


After our day at the airport, we were on the road again. Our first stop was at the Kittery Trading Post where we did some work with Rangley and his family. Silly Mom didn't bring her camera in so she didn't get any pictures of us working there. But for me it was just another "store"..although, I will say, we did have lots of visits with people who just couldn't seem to keep their hands off me...especially the kids. Our next stop, however, was quite interesting......




Mom called it a "flyball tournament" and talked about action!!! You could hear the dogs barking out in the parking lot.. and when you got inside... this is what you saw. Dogs, running down the "lanes", jumping over the jumps.. hitting the box with balls in it, and flying back again. Now, this was neat and I think I could have tried it.







I watched as the lined up, their humans were as excited as the dogs were. Balls were rolling all over the place, and everyone was having a really good time. Lots of people stopped to talk with Mom and I, but I just watched those doggies playing.









This is how they "lined up" waiting for the green light.. and then they were off.













We were there quite a long time. Mom said she had to "help pick up after the tournament". I watched for the longest time, and then was just as happy when Mom said I could hop up on the bench and sit with her.








This is the team - Maine Coast Runners - who hosted the tournament. You know, I have realized that there are so many different things that dogs can do. We are pretty amazing creatures when you think about it!!!!!










Mom's friend Shirley and her dog Casey... they love this sport.....










Yup, it's been a pretty good weekend, and I have seen some neat things.... wonder what's next...
Ready to go... Norton.

No comments:

Post a Comment