Sunday, November 20, 2011

festival of trees


This past weekend, Mom and Dad took me to a celebration called "the Festival of Trees". This is an event that only happens every other year, and it's extremely popular... so the crowd was HUGE. (which is exactly why Mom wanted me to go)....

Not only was it a fun thing for all the humans.. but, our dog club had it's own tree there, and Mom wanted to be sure to check it out.






It's kind of like a contest --- this Festival of Trees, where all kinds of groups (like the dog club, businesses.. families) bring in trees and decorate them. Then the folks that come and see the trees vote for the best one...







Course, we all thought that the "dog" tree was the best!!! Mom was hoping to get a picture of me beside the tree....






but the room was so crowded, so couldn't even get me close enough. People were excited to see me there, and asked lots of questions (like they always do).. but Mom can't be watching me, answering questions and taking pictures... so,even though there are no photos of me...











you just have to know that I did indeed --- go.

















Mom said it was a very fun night - she got to see lots of pretty things, and said it was a great training time for me. There certainly were lots of different things... like this frog... there were models with small trains running about, and things that moved and made different sounds...









Plus there were also things that we had to be "careful around".. like these candles. With the crowds and not much room to move, we had to maneuver around all kinds of decorations that were just under foot. For lack of a better phase.. Mom calls it "tight space training".. she thinks it will be a good thing to know, in case I end up being in the city!!!









It was a pretty night, and any night that I get to be out and seeing the sights with Mom and Dad is a fun time...






Love, Ginger

















No comments:

Post a Comment