Sunday, November 13, 2011

Chester's official graduation.....

As we got into the car early this morning, Mom said it was going to be a very special day. She said that we were going to "graduation".. now I have been to one graduation already, but for some reason... she said this one was "important". Course, I'm not sure what that word means, but when we arrived.. I could sense that there was something - I could feel it in the air.








And then, we saw them.. and I knew why this was so important to Mom.... It is Mike's and Chester's graduation day!!!!Mom was so excited to see Chester again... she hasn't seen him since last April when she met Mike for the first time. She has been able to keep in touch with Mike, so she knew that he and Chester are doing well.. but to see them again...






Well, let's just say, she was really excited. I'm not so sure I like the idea of another "golden" in Mom's life. I always knew that I wasn't her only service puppy... but really I thought all those hugs belong only to me!!!!!










However, one can't stay upset too long - especially being a golden, and it wasn't too long before Chester and I had our own little cuddle time. Mom was so happy to see us together.. she said that for a graduate dog and an in training dog to be together like this --- it's a rare treat. Course, we didn't know what the big deal is.. but humans.. well, you have to give them a bit of credit....




After our hellos - Chester had to go for his official graduation pictures. That's him in the middle on the top row... Mom told me that she can't wait to see me in my graduation picture... but, that's still along ways (and a lot of work) off.












Mike was a little nervous with all this hub-bub... but Chester knew just what to do. He is good at his "job" and Mike loves him very much. (this made Mom cry and I had to do my work for her!!!!)









Besides Mom and I being there.. Dad came too, as did Abbie, Kassy and Nate....(Sadie had to work :( ) But everyone was there rooting for Mike and Chester. Abbie loves this service dog thing... she sat right on the floor with Otis and I until it was time for the ceremony to begin.








This is Gerry - he is the gentleman that is in charge of NEADS. Gerry gave a little speech about NEADS and service dogs... course I don't really know what he was talking about, but Mom seemed very pleased.













Abbie really didn't know what he was talking about either, so she shared a book with "uncle" Rick.










Chester just sat beside Mike and smiled the whole time......













and because I had started the day so early.. I took advantage of it all....and slept.














This is our friend Russ... I have talked about him before in other blogs... but today was Russ and Joe's graduation too. Remember, they had been in Mike's and Chester's training class.. that's where Mom and Dad met them. (and learned they live in the next town to ours!!!) Russ was nervous too... but Joe was right there for him.







Then it was Mike's and Chester's turn to go on the stage, receive their certificate and say a few words about being together. Mike did a great job and Chester didn't seem to understand what all the fuss is about. Neither do I, but for some reason all the humans seem to think we are amazing dogs. So, if everyone wants to think we are amazing.... we'll take it.






Mom was happy to get this photo too. Here is Mike, Chester - and that's Karen.. she sponsored Chester!!! and Karen's friend.. who's dog was Chester and that who "our" Chester was named for....










And then, the last photo of the day...more than likely, this will be the last time that we all together. Mike and Chester will head off to their own lives, and it won't be long before I take the next step in my future as well.



Graduation.. a wonderful, happy - sad, and tiring day.. but certainly one of those "gifts" in live...


and I send to all of you my love..... Ginger






























No comments:

Post a Comment