Monday, November 22, 2010

Chapter Two.....

Finally... the day has arrived!!! Puppies again, and back into this grand place of "puppy raiser". Both Kathleen and I got puppies, they're litter mates... Ginger is "mine" and Leo is "Kathleen's" As it was with Chester, I tend to keep a log of her training and life with us, in hopes that,one day when Ginger is placed with her new owner, this blog will go along and "they" will have the opportunity to watch her training days.



Our day began with the fall graduation, which of course is always wonderful.



















And this year, begins the 35th anniversary of NEADS. I dare say there will be lots of exciting things to do and see with such a monumental year... so Ginger and I will probably be on the road a fair amount with NEADS.









Kathleen had the pleasure of running into Kelly at the graduation. Kelly is now in the home of another puppy raiser.. she had started in the prison program, but wasn't doing very well there. So, NEADS decided to give her more time "at home" and see where her training goes. She has the ability to do "social" dog and I believe it is every one's hope that she will do that. One nice thing, there is plenty of time on Kelly's side...



















but as much fun as the day was... I couldn't wait until the end, when we went to get our babies...Finally, it was off to the puppy house and here she is...... Miss Ginger!!! an 11 week old golden puppy.. she was born on Sept. 1st and is from Maine!!!













Both Kathleen and I were so excited!!! It's been a long time for her, as she turned Kelly in last May. But these past two months has felt long for me...











As I gave my new "charge" a great big hug, all I could think of ... "hurray.... Chapter Two"...

welcome home little girl, at least for a year.....

No comments:

Post a Comment