Wednesday, June 18, 2014

outings.....



Whew!! can I just say this has been one busy week!!! I think that Mom and I have gone somewhere almost every day!!! Today we are at the garage ... getting the "oil changed in the jeep" (whatever that means). All I can say is that when we arrived there, everyone said "so this is your new one!!! We have been waiting to meet him"... I guess Mom has brought other puppies here..... but now, it's my turn...

It was fun - at first - meeting all the new people.. walking around the garage (lots of strange sounds and smells)  but then .. we had to wait. Which meant, it was time for me to settle down and be good.....


and can I say, as a puppy, being "good" isn't always easy. I would much rather move about, visit, explore... but my Mom.... says that sometimes a puppy just has to "chill"...

so here I am... "Chillin' "........


On another day, we were off again. This time Mom said she had to get her hair cut, and the girls at the salon where also waiting to  meet me!!!  I am thinking that a lot of people knew I would be coming to the farm. 

This is my new friend Sherry... she cuts Mom's hair. And not only does she love puppies, but she really loves Labs... because she has two of her own.  She made quite a fuss over me, and I have a feeling that I will be seeing her somewhat often while I live at the farm. By the way, I had to sit quietly here too while Mom had her hair cut, but it didn't take as long as it did at the garage!!!!

And on another day this week, we were off again. Mom said that this was called a "therapy visit" and we would be seeing some very special kids... but can you see how happy I was when I found out that many of my puppy pals were there too....

Our humans let us all play together a little bit before going in to see the kids. They said it would help us get the sillies out!!! Everyone was there, I just kissed them all and wagged my tail as fast as I could!!!!

Today, Bernice is going to work with me... because Mom brought both Camille and Livy along with us, and she really can't manage all  three of us at the same time. That's fine with me... I love my aunties..... (Bernice and Kathleen!!!)

We went into the school and were greeted by the staff.... then everyone was "assigned" to different class rooms and away we went. It was such fun visiting with all the kids, and for the most part they seemed pretty happy to see all of us too.....

Camille is a therapy dog, and Livy is learning to be one. I'm not sure if I will do something like this or not, but Mom said it's good for all of us to meet new people. I'm a people puppy... so I have to agree!!! It was a super fun day, but like the city, it gets pretty tiring at the end.....

The last big outing of the week... pay a call to the nice people at the DownMaine vet clinic. These are the wonderful people who take care of all our medical needs when we are at the farm. Mom says they are the best folks in the world!!! First stop, the scale.... I weight almost 30 pounds (heavier than any of the cockers).. and Mom says this is just the start and no wonder she gets tired carrying me!!!!

Hunter and Tazzy had to see the vet too, so we all went at the same time. Neither one seemed too anxious about being there.. Tazzy was a little nervous, but not too bad..... Hunter and I just laid quietly and waited our turn...


oh.. and leave it to Mom... she sees this nice bench and says "Danny, let's practice an under"... OK... sure Mom, whatever!!!!












I had to have a couple of shots, and that pinched a bit, but the doctor gave me dog cookies right after, and that made everything OK. I only have to see the vet a few times while I am here, but the work that they do for all of us is amazing.. and Mom always has a huge thank you for them!!!! 

so, it's been a great, busy, fun week.. but chalk up another one in...


the year with Danny Boy!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment