Saturday, October 19, 2013

fall is here.....


There's a change in the air... I am noticing that the mornings and nights are cooler.. and the leave on the trees are changing color and falling off!!!! Mom says that "fall is here" and there are going to be all sorts of new things for me to see.....
A few mornings on the farm have been grey like this one... and then early one morning, I went out and found the grass to be very cold and slippery.. Mom said that we "had a frost"..... I have to say I liked licking that "icy" grass....
The horses notice the change too.. old Silver has seen many "falls".. and he's now growing in a fuzzy coat. Mom said the horses need extra coats, because they don't live inside like I do... I like the horses, especially Silver... he's very gentle and kind to dogs....
It seems that Tonka and Duke are getting as much of the grass as they can. Mom said that now we have had our first frost, there won't be much in the pasture to munch on....
And I went to my first party. Mom's cousin is "retiring" and we were invite to come and celebrate. There were a lot of people there,  and it was noisy ... and there was food!!! I was pretty interested in all that food and Mom had to keep reminding me that it wasn't for dogs!!!! She says I need more practice with that....
Reagan was at the party too. He was so happy to discover me under the table and he kept reaching out to me. I love babies.. I love Reagan, and Mom didn't say anything when I got up and just had to spend a little time with him....
I thought we were there for a long time, and since I knew that Mom would be certain that I was good, I decided it was just best to get comfortable and wait.....
Towards the end of the evening, Mom did allow a few people to say hello .... but again, she is keeping me more in a "work mode" these days when we are out in public.  However I did have to get a little kiss in with baby Caroline.... Mom says she likes me to be around kids and babies and makes sure that I am very gentle with them... which I always am....






The next day, Mom was so excited when she came in from getting the mail. A very special letter had arrived!!!! A letter saying that Rylie had completed her advance training and had been matched!!! Mom is so happy and says that one day, she plans to get this same letter... about me!!!! She says that is what we are working towards... but, that is still some ways off and there is much to do...


in these ... "days with Debbie".......





No comments:

Post a Comment