Saturday, August 24, 2013

goin' to the fair


The town that I live in has a fair each year. My Mom and Dad love going to fairs, which means that I will certainly be going to some as well. Mom says that "fairs" offer all kinds of training experiences... guess I'll find out.
They actually made two trips to the fair, the first one was with Abbie. Mom didn't take me this trip because she already knows that I will draw alot of attention (and questions -- which is good) but that makes it hard for her to really "see" the fair. Besides, Mom and Dad love to spoil Abbie any chance they get.... unlike me, she gets to eat anything she sees....
and can stop and visit anything she likes....
And ride on as many rides as she chooses....
There are just so many fun things about a fair.....
My trip with Mom and Dad was done in the evening. Since dogs are not allowed at the fair, Mom made sure that I was dressed properly. And as we walked threw the gate, she was stopped (politely) and questioned, but once the gentleman realized that I really am a working dog... there were no troubles....
I saw so many interesting and strange things. Whenever I needed to check something out (like this huge polar bear thing) Mom made sure I had plenty of time to figure it out. She is so happy when I am curious in something  verses being afraid of anything and since that pleases her so much, I always do try....
I have to admit though, when we came upon this "stuffed service dog".. I didn't quite know what to make of it. When I first saw if from a distance, I wanted to get right over and say hello.... you can imagine how disappointed I was when I realized "it" wasn't real....
I got to talk to a baby goat, and a few other types of animals as well. Mom talked with a lot of people, some she knew and others not. A number of people asked Mom "what is this year's puppy named".. which leads me to believe that I am not the first puppy she has raised....








We walked all over the grounds, looking at rides, games that made funny sounds, lights that blinked and did funny things. I practiced "unders" while Mom and Dad ate, and I had to keep my head off the ground and not pick up all the wonderful bits of food that were all over the ground. I was hugged and petted and talked about.... and by the end of the night, I was pretty tired and happy to wrap it up and head for home.

I have to say this "service dog stuff" is pretty fun, I love going and seeing so many things and I am beginning to understand that this is all important, to help me become the dog that I will be.... so I suspect we have many more adventures to talk about, but for now..

these are the days with Debbie....

No comments:

Post a Comment