Thursday, March 28, 2013

check in' again??? (already??)


Mom seems to think that these check-in's come faster and faster. I think I have to agree, it seems like we go to neads, and then we are back there again. They don't have as much snow here as we do at home... Spring is on the way for sure (or so Mom says!!!!)
We always get the best greetings and warmest smiles when we arrive. Mom says she feels like a celebratory when we are there... everyone knows the Maine puppy group for sure. Often people come out of their offices to see us and see how we are all doing....
Our check-in's always start the same way... Dave takes us in one room or another, we (the dogs) have to lay quietly and the humans talk. They report on how we're are doing, if we are having any troubles, and then Dave gives us "homework" to be doing for the next month or so. For some, the day of being turned back to neads is getting close.....
In this picture we have (on the left) Mercury, Moxie, Marv (way in the back)... Vega, Grahame (who was just visiting with us) and Otis... Mom couldn't fit me in the photo.....
But here I am.. and after I heard what Dave has planned for today... I'm pretty excited.... Dave wants to see how we all play together out in the dog yard. Not only is it important that we are good dogs in public and in our work, but we have to be sure to get along with others. This is just my thing... Mom dog sits for all kinds of other dogs, and I always have friends to play with.... I love to play with others...
What a great time we all had... this is me, Otis, Moxie and Marv playing together... we have played before as each one of these friends have come and spent time at our house...
I am the smallest by far (I weigh just 44 lbs.) but let me tell you, I can keep up with those big guys, and I don't let them pull me around!!!! Dave was pleased to see that we all know how to play "nice"... no one got too rough or too excited... which is very good...
Course it can be just fun... we had to practice some down time.. both to rest a bit and to see if we could get right back to work when needed. I am proud to say, we can do that too....
I had hoped that the day would be all fun, but no.. we still had to go into the city and do a bit of work there too. So, back to the hospital, where the humans got some lunch and we got to rest under the table and wait... I think that waiting is a big part of service dog work......
We took a ride in the elevator ( there goes Mercury)... this is beginning to be old hat for me. I know all about elevators, and they are no big deal....We practiced on the stairs and working around all sorts of people. Dave seems very pleased with all of us... our humans have done (and are doing) a good job.








And then, the day is over... Dave just makes sure that everyone knows what to do until the next check in. We say goodbye and head for home... another month down... Mom says our time together is coming to a close....




life of..... Rylie!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment