Saturday, May 5, 2012

it's all about the RED vest......


This morning, I watched Mom and Dad pack a few things in a bag and talk about "staying over and can't wait to see".. something was up. Mom seemed so excited and then even packed some things for me... guess I was going too. We got into the car and drove along and ended up at NEADS. OK, I like NEADS, but we're been here before.




We went up to the training room and I saw people there that I didn't know (and some that I did) Mom introduced me as her "current" dog and everyone patted me and said that I would be a cool service dog some day. Then all of a sudden, I looked at Mom and this is what I saw....








And I heard her say.."Ginger!!!" and she was crying and hugging Ginger. (and acting very silly if you ask me). Ginger was so happy to see Mom and was kissing her and wiggling all over the place. I know Ginger, when I was with my other Mom, we had met Ginger and my (now) Mom on training days, I had wondered where Ginger went, and why I was here on the farm. It all makes sense now... when we go to college, other dogs come to the farm to live. Now I get it.

So, one day, I will go to college, and another puppy will come to the farm to grow up.. and they'll move on... and so on. Mom says it's puppy raising, and it's her job to help all of us "earn a red vest". Well, that's my plan too, I am going to earn a red vest and become a service dog.. just like Ginger.  In the mean time, though, I am just going to continue to enjoy our adventures together....

I can see how proud Mom is of Ginger, and that Ginger is pretty pleased as well. Her work will be a Ministry Dog. She will go to many places, sharing her love and joy and helping people feel good and find their way. That's a noble job for a dog...
This is Pastor Jane, who Ginger will be sharing her work with. Ginger already loves her new Mommy... and they are going to have many wonderful adventures together.
Mom said she was so happy to see both her puppies together (again). And I do know that there is another dog (his name was (is) Chester I believe). But I have also come to know that my Mom is planning on puppy raising for a long time, so there will probably be more pictures like this... graduated dog (red vest) and puppy in training (blue vest)... and as Mom would say, "it's all about the red vest!!!"
Ready to go as always...... Norton


No comments:

Post a Comment