Saturday, May 5, 2012

Check in Day......


Now I understand the "stay over" part. After our evening with Ginger, we then went and stayed with Sherri, Joe and Clover at their house. Because Mom and Dad had to still do the check in day with me. The next morning we arrived back at NEADs just as the rest of the puppy raisers were getting there. And the same for Ginger and Pastor Jane....


Everyone, of course, was just thrilled to see Ginger again, and she was happy to see all her old pals. Pastor Jane got to meet all the Maine puppy raisers, and we told her that once she is settled with Ginger, we're all going to attend her church. Well.. I'll go if I am still with Mom of course.
After that, all the humans met with Dave and went over all their silly questions again. We dogs just have to lay quietly and wait for them. Dave showed them some exercises to do with us... just to add to our training skills and the like. Here Vickie get to be the demo dog....
Otis is now considered the "mature" dog of the group. And the little sweetie pie with him is Lee from NY new dog. (Mom can't remember her name - so we'll have to get it for another post)... Mom says that is what Otis looked like last year!!!
Monty is the baby of the bunch... well at least for the moment. But even he is growing at a fast pace. Mom says time goes too quickly and it wont' be long before he's a real "big" dog too.

and that's me, of course. I am very handsome, even if I do say so myself. Though I have noticed that Mom doesn't call me goofy puppy so much anymore. I'm growing up and Mom said I even looked "regal" in this photo....
So, after all the talking and picture taking, we headed (like always) into the city. My goodness, talk about a busy, noisy place, the city was hopping this day. It really didn't bother any of us dogs, but I'm not so sure about the humans. I know for a fact my Mom was exactly happy with all of this (think she spends too much quiet time on the farm!!!) Anyways, we "played" around the constructions sites
and at the train station too. We "caught" a train just as it was pulling into the station. While it was on it's lay over, Mom and everyone took us dogs up and down in the train cars. Even the little puppies did very well. Trains are a bit like cars, just much bigger and make more noise I have decided.
And then it was out to the buses. I am still trying to figure out why they insist we walk behind these running, stinky buses. I know I am just a dog, but I wouldn't think to walk behind a bus. Still though, we go back and forth to see if it bothers us -I guess. Humans do some funny things. After buses we went to the hospital to ride elevators, and then the humans all had to sit for a bit and get a bite to eat. We (dogs) went under the tables.
And then, back to NEADS again. Go over last minute details on training, pick up food and various things.. and this time... pick up one thing more. A new member to the Maine team.... say hello everyone to Moxie!!!!

Moxie has her own story to share.. and she will under "Tails of a puppy raiser". Yup, she is Rick's new team mate, because as you already know... Otis is heading for college and Rick is going to need a new puppy. Moxie has a very special name... she was named by Linda, the Maine team chapter leader, and is being named for Linda's first dog (Moxie) who came to Maine in 1993. Sadly that Moxie is in heaven, (like my Mom's Moxie is) but when "this Moxie" graduates in 2013... the Maine puppy chapter will celebrate it's 20th anniversary. So Linda felt it was only appropriate to name this little girl after Maine's first NEADS dog. And of course, my Mom thinks Moxie is a very special name... because it was "her" Moxie that convinced her to try this puppy raising thing.

Since Rick still has a week to be with Otis, Bernice has said that little Moxie can come and stay at her house for awhile. So, that is how it will work out. My Mom thinks little Moxie is very cute... but told her that she has some big paws to fill... (no pressure there, eh Moxie???) And it continues on... big dogs to college, little dogs to homes... that's how the puppy raisers work..
Ready to go.... Norton.

No comments:

Post a Comment