Saturday, July 5, 2014

its' called..... camp!!!

This is Banjo (the chessie) and Charlie (the cocker) two of my friends. They belong to Mom's daughter, she calls them her grand dogs. And we have come to the most wonderful place in the world... a place called Camp. Mom says that we will "go to camp" very often now that it's summer, but this trip, we are here to stay for a whole week.....
I simply could not believe what I saw when we got here. A whole big lake.. and then, when Banjo and Charlie ran right to the water and hopped it, I was so excited. I might not be too excited when we go to the city.. but this whole lake thing... IS my thing!!!!
I'm not so sure if I can "do" what the other dogs are doing... Mom calls it "swimming".. and the others... even the cockers know how to hop right in and go... but I'm thinking I must give it a try!!!!
It's certainly fun to splash in, and sometime, little waves of water come at me....
And I must admit, it tastes really good....... 
ya know... I could just stay right here... all day!!!! with the weather being so hot, this spot seems really perfect!!!!!
And then, finding a little stick to chew, while laying in the warm water.. well.. let me tell you, it just doesn't get any better than this!!!! (and to think we have a whole week here!!!)
Swimming... I can tell you it's the best!!!
And I think I'm going to be "wet" for the entire week......
And playing with my dog friends.......
At the end of the days, all of us are like this. Camille has found her own little spot... all the swimming, playing and walking that we are doing.. makes for very tired puppies at the end of the day....
And then the sun comes up the next morning, and the lake is there.. waiting for us to come out and enjoy another day!!!! I think this place is magical....
with just a few days of practice, I learned how to go right in. Mom still kept a careful eye on me, but I'm a lab... swimming is "what" we do!!!!


I am one happy dog!!!
And when I'm too tired to actually swim. Standing and floating work really well. Mom says she has to pull me out of the water!!!
Livy even tried her hand (er paw) at swimming. She did a pretty fine job, but I don't think she loves it as much as I do. Besides it takes her much longer to dry off than me!!!
Abbie has come to camp as well. In fact, there are lots of people coming and going and lots of dogs as well. It's a very happy time... company, good food, friends to play with, walks in the woods... swimming... I think I could easily become a "camp dog"...
Hunter and Trev enjoy their naps on the dock. They are the "old" dogs and they do swim, but not as much as they did when they were puppies.  
Livy... taking a break....
Abbie and Livy... 


So, we spent the whole week at camp. It was great.. but Mom says we will be back again all threw the summer.  that is good news to me... I can't wait to be back...


a year with Danny Boy!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment