Sunday, February 2, 2014

Captions from Cappy......

So, Hello... my name is Cappy, and I have joined Debbie at Sweetgrass Farm. From what I understand it is not the "usual" thing to have two service puppies in training at one place, but my Mom thought she could get me started and then perhaps, I will either go to another puppy raiser, or when Deb leaves for college, I will stay on here. We puppies don't exactly know about such things, but for now, this  is where we are.....
I have found that Mom doesn't cut any of us puppies a break, I arrived here on Thursday and tonite, I find myself in puppy school. I got to meet some (human) family members!!! This is Abbie and Sadie... 
Abbie loves puppies (she has one of her own that her Mom is working with)... but she really loves me, she says that I look just like Rylie... and that she loves me. (Rylie was the last black lab that was on the farm, and Abbie's buddy - so I guess that's why she already is in love with me!!!!)  
Abbie walked me all around the training room, showing me all the places of it. I will be working with Linda tonite, but it was fun to explore with Abbie before puppy school started. I think I'm going to like puppy school... I have already met so many new friends.. and I know that Debbie likes to go...
Actually, I'm not just in one puppy class... I go to three of them!!! (My Mom is the teacher).. so on Monday nights I work with Bernice, on Tuesday nights I work with Linda, and on Wednesday nights, I'm back with Bernice again. Mom calls this "socializing" and she says it's very important to me right now....
I like "socializing" very much, and as it turns out, the Wednesday night class is all LABS!!!!  As you can see they're mostly yellow ones, but there is a chocolate and of course me. We labs have quite the party at puppy school....
I'm not afraid of anyone and Mom (and Bernice) often have to slow me down a bit when it comes to play time....
Mom says that puppy school is just a small part of all the things I am going to do and learn, and with Debbie still here to show me different things, I am going to do just fine. 
There are so many things to do and see here on the farm. I walk up to the barn in the mornings with Mom, I have met horses, chickens and guinea hens. I love to be outside with Debbie playing in the snow, but she has this one game that at first I wasn't too sure about... it's called.... carry the bucket.... 
Deb loves to play with this huge bucket thing and it makes quite the banging noise...
At first I just stood back and watched, but when Deb went onto something else, I decided to check it out.... 
And ya know what... it's not big thing. I don't know if I would carry it around, but certainly nothing to be concerned about. Mom was very pleased to see me checking it out..she says I am very brave.
Deb and I are going to be good friends... I love to follow her about and see what she is up to. 
And of course, have someone much like me to play with...














So, I don't know how long I will be here on the farm, but it seems like a good place to start and I am ready to see what it's all about.... and the saying of my blog (Mom says I have a blog now???) will be....



captions from Cappy!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment