Friday, February 14, 2014

new snow---ssss!!!!!!

I have to say, Mom seems to be a bit grumpy these past few days (weeks)... we seem to be getting alot of snow, and since this is my first winter, I don't know...... how much snow does one get. She says it's just "winter"... and she tries to have fun with the snow and with us, but some mornings when it looks like this....
and I watch her get all bundled up to go to the barn and take care of the horses... I'm thinking that she is wishing for better weather. 
We all come into the house looking like this... though the cockers with their longer coats bring in more snow that we labs do. Mom says she's happy that we come threw the "kennel door" because everyone can dry off before going upstairs into the house. Mom says this door saves her a lot of extra work....
Dad's been doing alot of plowing this year too, he says that he's running of space to put the snow banks..... that sounds funny to me... can you really run out of space????
Sometimes Mom takes one of us up to the barn with her --- lately, it's been Cappy, because she's the new puppy. but on this day... Mona walked up with her. We love going up to the barn, there's so much excitement when the big animals are anxious to be fed.... just like us, only on a bigger scale!!!!
Abbie came to visit and to play with us. We don't see her often enough, though she loves to play with Cappy at puppy school. Today we did dress up, and I got all sort of pretty beads and necklaces to wear....
More snow... even Tazzy seems like she has had enough of it....
Cappy, bracing again the wind.... because it's cold too....
Mom doesn't let us stay out too long in this weather.... especially little Cappy who seems to get cold quick....
So, it's playtime in the cellar/kennel area. We love to race about and get rid of some energy where it's warm and the footing is good....
Cappy and I have the greatest games together, I love that we have the chance to be together......
A few days of sunshine.... 
it's pretty but again, it's very cold......
Dad switches from the truck to the tractor... this is what he and Mom call the "clean up plowing"... after these past few storms, he even had to plow so the horses could get threw...
A lot of snow comes off that barn roof, and it take big equipment to move it.....
Out for a walk in the new snow....  I know the humans are tired of it, but I have to say I still thinks it's grand!!!!

And as long as I can find my bucket somewhere under the snow, I can come up with the greatest of games!!!!
I tried to get my new friend Billie, to play "bucket" with me... but I seem to be the only one who "gets" this game of mine!!!
OK.. my turn... this is Cappy!!! and that's a picture of me, and my "auntie Bernice" in puppy school. I love puppy school when I get the chance to visit with all of my friends, but I have to say, I sometimes don't like the work that I have to do. Auntie Bernice is very patient with me and gives me lots of good treats... so, I like that part too!!!!
This photo sort of looks like I'm running away... but I'm not... this was "playtime" and I was going to visit one of my pals......
I can do a good sit stay!!!!!!
And, I certainly can pay attention when I need to.... Mom says that I'm doing a pretty good job, but there's a lot more to come!!!!  



and so, that's our "shared" blog... with

days with Debbie and
captions from Cappy!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment