Friday, January 29, 2010

training afternoon

Hello everyone.. yes, that's me.. laying on the floor in what my Mom calls a "puppy meltdown". Today was such a busy day, and sometimes, there just comes a point in time where I have to announce that enough is enough!!!

It was a very cold winter afternoon "Dad" was away at a firefighters training, and instead of just "sitting around" Mom thought it might be nice for me to do some of my "service dog" training. So, she packed me up in the truck and we went down to the mall. I was super good all afternoon.. we walked all around, going over slippery floors, walking past all kinds of people.. in and out of a number of stores, and then I had to lay quietly under the table while Mom had "coffee" with Kassy and Sadie. Just as we were getting ready to leave, I declared that I was tired and had had enough!!!



I couldn't get in the truck fast enough, though Mom did make one more stop and she had me come again.. (in the grocery store...) I was so tired from the mall, I didn't even care that there was all this food and stuff around me. I walked quietly beside Mom and was happy to get back out to the truck again. Once I hit that dog bed that she has in the back.. I was out!!! and didn't even open my eyes until we got back home!!!!






Even then, she had to wake me up and say we were back. I got a big long drink, checked out to see what the cats and other dogs had been doing while we were gone. Then I went into my bed and took a nice long nap before supper. And I have been "quiet" all evening... it was a big day!!!

I have been "working" on my gentle leader as well as in my vest. I don't like the gentle leader very much, but Mom says I will get used to it, and it's what "a big dog uses"... so.. guess that's the way it's going to be. My vest is getting small, so Mom needs to get another one for me...She said she will do that the first of next week.

I like going out and being in the public.. there's lots to do and see.. and people think I am so "cute" or "handsome".... being a "service dog" is a good thing... it's just tiring.....

1 comment:

  1. Oh Chester you are doing great! And just as mommy say's the more you go it the easier it will become...
    Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete